Saturday 21 February 2009

Thank you for being a crazy trollop

There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line.
-Blanche Devereaux

The hour grows late and the mongoose grows weary, but I had to stop in and acknowledge the birthday of my hero, mentor and the awesomest of the Golden Girls, Blanche Devereaux. I mean: Rue McClanahan. Blanche is 75 today! I mean Rue. (Sorry but what kind of a name is Rue? Is that like "you will rue the day you darkened my doorstep, Harold Whittingfield!", in which case it is actually fittingly dramatic; or 'rue' as in French for 'street', in which case it is frankly just odd.) She was actually born Eddi Rue McClanahan, but we'll just call her Blanche. Blanche is a breast cancer survivor, animal lover and Democrat, and is hereby named an honorary mongoose. (I'm sure that in subsequent interviews, she'll be asked where she was when she heard this news.)

Happy birthday, Blanche. Let’s rent an adult video, drink mimosas and French kiss the pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence