Sunday 15 February 2009

I can't handle the truth

I wish I were a bigger woman, but ever since Tom Cruise outed himself as a wackadoodle, it affects my enjoyment of his older films. I don't consider Cruise's furrowed-brow approach to every emotion brilliant acting, but sometimes that wild-eyed grimace is just what a movie needs. And he is the face of a few classics that I like to dig up now and again, like A Few Good Men and Top Gun. But Mission Impossible III was on TV this weekend, and every time I saw his face, I just wanted to keep yelling "Glib! GLIB!" at the television.

Sometimes I really don't want to know the truth about actors. Then - as in the case of Sean Connery (I knew there was a reason Roger Moore was my favourite Bond) - I might be forced to hate them forever.

2 comments:

  1. I had somehow managed to forget about this Scientology video. That is some classic, classic stuff. It almost inspires me to go crazy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mongoose...... I cringed watching MI3 and 1/16 of Jerry Mcguire last night. Thank you for tricking me into watching the scientology footage of TC rambling like a lunatic,I am now scarred for life.

    I used to struggle through but now can never watch another TC film again. (hopefully he will stop acting but that is wishful thinking)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence