Friday 24 April 2009

I'm in ur blog...tiefing ur comments

So I've been avoiding the whole Comments Policy fandango because in my mind, it was simple: be a human being and your comment will be published and engaged. Well, surprise surprise - that needs some further clarification. So pardon me while I get all superstar and offer 3 guidelines:







1. My name is Mar. That's how I prefer to be called on the blog. For my friends and others who might know me and other incarnations of my name, let's stick with Mar only. If we went to primary school together and you know that everybody used to call me Snarf, yeah let's just keep that between us. No one wants to hear that.

2. If you use the Comment box directly underneath the post, I'll assume you'd like your comment published, and vI0la! It shall appear. If you just want to send me a private message, use the Comment box at the bottom of the page. You'll find a link to it in the column on the right. Or just email me directly.

3. I do not prefer, but do allow, anonymous posts. However, if the point of your comment is simply "yoar wrong and I bet yoar foots smell 2!!111oneone!!1", and it's anonymous, it won't be published. Because if I'm going to engage with idiocy, I at least want to be able to identify you. It's also possible that ye of the "foots smell" commenting use a name and your comment is not published. Sometimes, even identified, pointless foolery is not worth my time or that of my readers.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm going to link to this post in the side panel so everyone knows the Policy exists. I'ma add more as/if it becomes necessary.

3 comments:

  1. Will I still get my comment posted if I just say, "Duh!"? ;)

    It continually amazes me how people think they have a right to (as someone long ago on the Internets who's name I have now unfortunately forgotten so wisely said) defecate in someone else's living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Of course. 'Duh!' is sometimes the only answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love how people love to invade your space to display their inner idiot for the world to see. Ooh the joy of being a liberal blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence