Thursday 16 April 2009

"It's Hard to Talk When You're Tea-Bagging"

Given the number of times I find myself mentally stuck on a task, I might be forced to concede that I am, in fact, not so bright. But of course, that's unpossible.

Still, here I am, flush against a deadline for a paper I'm writing, and with too many thoughts on all the hilarious and just plain stupid teabagging activity and other news to order them all into something that sounds marginally clever. I will say, though, that it's finally happening. The right-wing Republican side has just realized not only that it has well and truly lost and that the Obamas, their mother and literally their dog are in fact settling well into their roles; but that all the unreasoned fearmongering is not serving to convince more moderate Republicans that the sky is falling. I could go on about the facts that most of these people are in fact not paying higher taxes and that the federal spending they're so opposed to was never higher than under George W. who killed the surplus chasing WMDs, terrorist unicorns from Pluto and god knows what else. But instead, I'll just post various ridiculous photos that I've stolen encountered.

Title quote courtesy the intoxicating Anderson Cooper.


Via Megan at Jezebel as passed on by Zachary:



Via Matthew Yglesias at ThinkProgress:

AP image:

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I do that all the time too, think about some current event rather than write what I should be writing. I think that makes us news junkies...?

    Anyway, I have nothing particularly intelligent to say except a giggle at the title (good catch!) and "terrorist unicorns from Pluto". As soon as we stop laughing at them, maybe we should start a counter-demonstration... though that might be years from now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my paper (w00t!) and also it just occurred to me that people might think I was serious about the word 'unpossible'...which, you know, I wasn't.

    Some are saying that this right-wing extremism is in fact no laughing matter and warrants a response. More news to watch and opine...on. Happy weekend, whatifgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you finished! But I definitely didn't take "unpossible" seriously. I think it's surrounded by enough non-serious to be at least camouflaged as non-serious itself. ;)

    I can't imagine a better response than laughing at their expense and then going to watch Nacho Libre. Happy weekend to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence